Saturday, February 12, 2011

Funny Math Song

     I thought this was a pretty cute song to spark children's interest and awareness of math in daily life and points out places where they can witness math in action, such as bouncing a ball off a wall, folding a sheet, or using measurements in cookbooks. I know when I was younger, I struggled to find the daily relevance of math and why exactly it applied to me.
     I think its so important to use any media available to engage kids in learning and a catchy little math tune might be the trick to reach those kids that math just isn't clicking for. By pointing out the fact we are surrounded by math, perhaps they'll start seeing things a little differently and that little light bulb may turn on when they least expect it.
FUNNY MATH SONG!-----> "Math Song" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPMRA4yFeeM

1 comment:

  1. This is a very cute song which would reinforce that math is important and even if it gets hard you need to know it.

    ReplyDelete